(Makes 6 waffles)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat the waffle iron as directed. (Preheating differs depending on the type, model, and size).
2.. In a medium sized mixing bowl, measure and add the flour, wheat flour sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Crack the egg into a small mixing bowl, check for any shells.
4. Add the milk, canola oil, and vanilla into the small mixing bowl and whisk together.
5. Pour into the dry ingredients. Mix just a few seconds, until all the ingredients are moistened, (the batter will look slightly thick and lumpy).
6. Pour approximately 1/2 cup batter onto the hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown and remove to serving platter.
7. Top with fresh berry topping. Yum!