The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
2 teaspoons of butter:
reduced-fat cheese Try a different variety of cheese like: Mozzarella, Colby-jack, Swiss Cheese, Provolone, or even Pepper Jack.
For fun, flavorful fillings try: Asian pears, fresh basil, sun-dried tomatoes:
red and yellow bell peppers, fresh baby spinach leaves, and lean Canadian bacon or ham.
1. Grate the cheese
2. Melt the butter in the microwave.
3. Brush the butter on one side of each slice of bread using a pastry brush.
4. Place the buttered side of one slice of bread down on a medium size frying pan and turn the heat to medium-low.
5. Sprinkle on the cheese and add your favorite flavorful fillings, and top with the other slice of bread.
6. Cook each side of the sandwich very slowly (5 – 8 minutes) until golden- brown, crispy and crunchy on the outside, and gooey on the inside. Yum! You did it!