Terrific Turkey Chili
(Makes 6 – 1 cup Servings)
3 Tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 (14.5 ounce) can beef broth
1 (7ounce) can salsa
1 (14.5 ounce) can Crushed Tomatoes, Packed in Puree
1 (7 ounce) can of chopped green chili peppers
1 medium onion
1 green bell pepper
3 small zucchini
1. Chop the onions and bell pepper.
2. Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil and add the onions and bell pepper. Cook on high until the onion is translucent, and the bell pepper is softened up a bit.
3. Add the ground turkey and crumble this up with a wooden spoon. Cook the turkey until light brown.
4. Add the taco seasoning, coriander, oregano, chili flakes, and tomato paste and mix until meat is evenly coated. Continue cooking, reducing heat to medium high.
5. Pour in beef broth, simmer and reduce liquid slightly, about 5 minutes.
6. Add salsa, tomatoes, green chilies, and continue cooking another 15 minutes.
7. Chop the zucchini.
8. In a medium sized frying pan heat the remaining olive oil, and add the zucchini. Stir and cook the zucchini until lightly browned. Add the zucchini to the chili and stir.
9. Serve up the chili with grated mozzarella cheese, and a quesadilla. Yum!
*(This recipe is from mealsmatter.org)