3/4 pound ground beef or turkey
4 ounces low-fat cheddar cheese
1 small can sliced olives
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 small head cabbage
2 Tablespoons taco seasoning
2 Tablespoons water
light sour cream
1. Add the ground beef to a medium sized fry pan. Turn the heat to medium-high and using a wooden spoon break up the ground beef. Continue to stir the meat as it cooks until it is brown throughout , (there should be no pink color).
2. Add the taco seasoning and water to the meat, stir and turn off heat.
3. Peel off the outer layer of lettuce leaves, remove the core, and rinse the lettuce with cold water, dry thoroughly with paper towels.
4. Break off bite-size pieces of lettuce into a salad bowl.
5. Peel off the outer layer of cabbage leaves, rinse the cabbage in cold water, and using a large knife, shred 3/4 cup of cabbage. Add to the salad bowl.
6. Use a paring knife to remove the core from the tomatoes. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces removing the seeds and juice if needed.
7. Grate the cheese.
8. In a medium sized cereal bowl add 8-10 chips, add 1 cup of salad, sprinkle with 1/4 of the meat, tomatoes and cheese.
9. Top with your choice of light sour cream, olives, and salsa. You did it! Yum!