Sopa de Fideo
1/2 small onion
2 Tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 cups fideo
1 small can tomato sauce
3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup fresh or frozen peas
1/2 teaspoon cumin
shredded cooked chicken (optional)
cilantro (for garnish)
warm corn tortillas
1. Mince the onions.
2. Put the olive oil in a stock pot and heat.
3. Add the onions and cook until translucent, (about 2 minutes).
4. Use a garlic press and squeeze the garlic through. Add to the stock pot.
5. Add the fideo and stir until you see a golden brown color on the edges of the noodles.
6. Add the tomato sauce, chicken broth, peas and cumin. Continue cooking until the fideo is tender, (about 10 minutes)