1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1/4 cup chopped carrots
3/4 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/3 lb. ground turkey
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tablespoons tomato sauce
2 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 Tablespoon chopped olives
1 Tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
4 – Whole-wheat hamburger buns
1. Chop and mince the green pepper, onion, and carrots.
2. Grate the cheese.
3. On medium high heat, crumble the ground turkey in a frying pan until cooked through.
4. Add the veggies, cook and stir a couple of minutes until the onion is translucent.
5. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and tomato paste.
6. Add the chopped olives, brown sugar, and paprika. Stir and heat through until bubbly.
7. To serve, spoon 1/4 of the mixture on the bottom half of a whole-wheat hamburger bun. Top with 3 Tablespoons grated cheese, then top half of hamburger bun.
You did it! Yum!