(Makes 1 serving)
2 large eggs
1 ounce low-fat mozzarella cheese
fresh veggies (try tomatoes, red bell peppers, mushrooms or onions)
1 teaspoon butter
salt and pepper
1. Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water and whip with a fork or wire whip until blended.
2. Add the butter to a small frying pan and turn to medium high heat.
3. When the butter is melted and bubbly, add the egg mixture.
4. When you see the outer edges of the egg change color and look set, use a spatula to lift the outer edge. Tilt the pan letting the uncooked egg run underneath. Repeat around the entire pan until the entire omelet is set. Move pan away from hot burner.
5. On half of the omelet add the cheese, and veggies. Flip the other half of the omelet over the first half, and let sit for about 1 minute, (so the cheese will melt).
6. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. You did it! Yum!