(Makes 8 Tacos)
3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 yellow onion
4 cloves of garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded cabbage
8 corn tortillas
*(Each Taco – served with 3 Tablespoons Chunky Salsa and 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro)
1. In a medium sized sauce pan simmer the chicken breast with sliced onion, garlic, and salt for 20 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches_________
2. Remove the chicken breast from the sauce pan and cool on a platter for 15 minutes. (Save the chicken stock for homemade Mexican rice recipe.)
3. Using a fork, shred the chicken into thin 1 inch pieces.
4. Shred the cabbage as thin as possible.
5. Slice the lime into 8 wedges.
6. Warm the corn tortilla, top with shredded about 3 Tablespoons of the shredded chicken, 2 Tablespoons of shredded cabbage, fresh chunky salsa, and chopped cilantro. Squeeze the juice from 1 lime wedge over the top of each taco. Yum!