(Makes 12 kabobs or 6 servings)
3/4 lb. Ground Beef
3/4 lb. Ground Lamb
1 cup chopped Italian Parsley
1/2 cup Yellow Onion
1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cumin:
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt:
1/4 teaspoon Pepper:
6 Whole-Wheat Pita Bread
1. Mince the bell pepper, onion and Italian Parsley.
2. Add the beef, lamb, salt, pepper, and minced veggies in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Using your hands combine all of the ingredients well.
4. Shape the mixture into 12 lule kebabs, (the shape of a large hot dog)
5. Grill the lule kebabs until cooked through.
6. Serve in warm pita bread, sprinkled with sumac. You did it! Yum!
*Sumac may be found at specialty Armenian grocery stores.