(Makes 4 servings)
1 small cucumber
1 clove garlic
1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried mint
Fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup ice chips
1. Using a peeler, remove some of the outer skin of the cucumber (leaving some skin on Leaves fiber and nutrients).
2. Then cut off both ends, and cut it in half lengthwise (this gives you a nice flat edge to lay the cucumber down so it doesn’t roll around).
3. Then cut lengthwise 3 more times, creating long spears of cucumber, and cut across the Spears to dice the cucumber.
4. Put the clove of garlic through a garlic press or chop fine.
5. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dried mint, and salt.
6. Just before serving, stir in the ice chips and top with fresh mint leaves for garnish. You did it! Yum!