(Makes 1 1/2 cups – 1 serving = 1/4 cup)
1 quart (4 cups) Low-fat or fat-free milk
2/3 cup Fat-free powdered milk
2 Tablespoons Yogurt, plain with live, active cultures
Directions: 1. Attach a thermometer to the side of a medium size saucepan.
2. Add the milk and powdered milk into the saucepan and stir.
3. Continue to stir the milk while bringing the temperature of the mixture to 180 – 190 degrees.
4. In a larger saucepan create a cool water bath using tap water and a few ice cubes.
5. Place the medium size saucepan with milk into the cool water bath, and continue to stir until the mixture cools back down to 115-120 degrees. 6. In a small mixing bowl put the yogurt and 2 tablespoons of the warm milk. 7. Stir until creamy, then add back to saucepan of milk.
8. Blend together, then pour the yogurt into quart size jars.
9. Wrap a dish cloth around the jar and place in a warm place for 4 – 6 hours, (I put it right into the oven with just the light on).
You did it! Yum!
1. Make the Berry Fruit Topping (from Series #3 Cookbook)
2. Make the homemade granola.
3. Layer the fresh yogurt, berry fruit topping, and granola.