Himmel Und Ede (Mashed Potatoes)
(Makes 16 – 1/2 cup servings)
4 – 5 lbs. potatoes
2 golden delicious apples
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. Peel and chop potatoes and put into boiling water.
2. Cook potatoes until they are fork tender and drain in a colander.
3. Peel, core, and chop the apples.
4. Blanch the apples by cooking them in boiling water for about 60 seconds and drain in a colander.
5. Warm the milk and butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
6. Combine the potatoes, milk mixture, and apples using a potato masher until smooth.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste. You did it! Yum!