(Makes 7 Servings – Each Serving = 1 cup)
2 pita bread pockets
3 cups Romaine lettuce
1/2 cup mint
1 cup Italian parsley
1 cup chopped cucumbers
1/2 cup green onions
1/2 cup red onions
1/2 cup Batalay (optional
2 Tablespoons sumac
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Pull apart the pita bread and toast in a 350 degree oven for about ten minutes until light brown, crisp, and crunchy.
2. Wash the lettuce in cool water, and tear into bite size pieces.
3. Chop the mint, tomatoes Italian parsley, cucumbers, onions, and batalay.
4. Just before eating, combine all the salad and dressing ingredients, and combine.
5. Crunch up the pita bread into small bite size pieces, sprinkle on the sumac, and stir gently into the Fattoush, Yum!