1 red onion
1 bunch cilantro
1 jalapeno pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1. Roll the limes on the countertop, pressing down with the heel of your hand, (this helps to release the most juice). Cut the limes in half, and juice.
2. Peel off the outer skin of the onion. Using a utility knife of chef’s knife, cut in half and chop into very, very, small pieces.
3. Rinse the cilantro in cold water, and pat dry between paper towels. Pick off the big leafy ends and chop finely, (about 1/2 cup).
4. Put on thin disposable gloves, cut of the stem of the jalapeno and slice the jalapeno in half. Use a spoon and scoop out the seeds and ribs inside, (that’s the hottest part of the jalapeno).
5. Using a paring knife make very thin slices down each half of the jalapeno. then cut across them chopping the jalapeno into tiny pieces.
6. Make small cuts around the tomato core, with a paring knife and remove. Cut the tomato in half, and scoop out some of the juice and seeds, (this can make a chunky salsa watery).
7. In a medium size mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and chill.
8. Serve with baked tortilla chips or Taco Salad.
You Did It! Yum!