Chicken Chow Mein
(Makes 8 cups – Each Serving =2 cups)
4 cups par-boiled Asian noodles (found in the produce section)
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup chopped cabbage
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup sliced carrots
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
1. Prepare the noodles according to package directions.
2. Chop the broccoli, cabbage, and garlic.
2. Slice the carrots on a diagonal making oval shapes.
3. Cut the chicken into small bite size pieces.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
4. Add the chicken, garlic, and carrots, and stir-fry 4-5 minutes until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender but firm.
5. Add the broccoli and cabbage cook an additional 4-5 minutes.
6. Add the noodles and heat through.
7. Sprinkle with less-sodium soy sauce. Yum!